Heidi and Todd... Dreams Really Do Come True

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Heidi, Todd, or Roy (Heidi's Father).

I was excited to see Heidi and Todd Begin their life together, but saddened to see the event come and go, as we no longer would have design elements to bounce chat about or ideas to ponder.

Heidi is indescribable. Intelligent, Witty, a visionary... she fluttered into my shop with Todd and a breath of fresh air followed. She knew exactly what she wanted, yet I could sense trepidation as she explained her vision...

It was only after we established a rapport that I learned other florists weren't understanding her vision... it was too 'out-of-the-box' for them to get their heads around... Instead of finding unique ways to orchestrate it, they were trying to manipulate her ideas into things they were comfortable creating...

I was just blown away, I was starry-eyed at how forward-thinking and stunning the whole concept was. I was immediately captivated by the wonderful juxtapositions Heidi desired.
Luxurious flowers like cymbidiums, lady slipper orchids, and stephanotis, paired with woven bear grass and crinkly bullion wire... ingenious... I was happy to oblige.

Roy accompanied Heidi to our final meeting to view samples. We spent about 3 hours tweaking the details and I couldn't' have had more fun....

I don't claim to be a religious person, but I do jokingly pray to the 'flower gods' when we need a hail mary in the 4th quarter. Heidi really really wanted Lady Slipper orchids in her bouquet... This was tricky b/c we were nearing the end of their prominent season. In the 9th hour, 3 gorgeous Lady Slipper Orchids arrived from a supplier in Chicago... I chalk this success up to good Karma :)

Here is a sampling of pictures (professional ones to follow) as well as the wonderful thank you Heidi sent me...

"We just got home from Milwaukee and are about to veg out on the couch but I just had to write and say thank you so very much!!! I didn't get your email until today so I didn't realize that you weren't coming back and I kept looking for you!!! I was ready to kiss you!!! Everything looked perfect and it was even better than my wildest dreams!!! If you EVER need a reference you send them my way!!! :c) I am waiting to see all of my pictures and if I have some nice ones of the room I'm going to submit them somewhere, as long as that's okay with you. I think that everyone should get to see how wonderful of a job you did. Everything was absolutely perfect!!! So I just wanted to say thank you very much for a job well done and I will send pics when I get them. I'm sure that I will be in touch again and thank you so very much!!!
Love,
Heidi and Todd Schmidt"

Heidi's Bouquet - stephanotis, lady slipper orchids, white mini calla lilies, bear grass, and bullion wire
The Ceremony Design - and archway adorned with ivy, dendrobium orchids, wire, crystal, and fabric The floral designs flanking the archway - crafted from green goddess calla lilies, white dendrobium orchids, and ivy

The place card table, linens by BBJ, graced with three rectangular vases with sculptural black forest calla lilies

1/2 of the table centers were graced by two tall cylinder vases adorned with full stems of cymbidium orchids, bullion wire, LEDs and crystals. The other half had 6 vases of varying height with callas, orchids, and stephanotis blooms.



The head table was embellished with a plethora of vases of varying sizes. Each vase contained 1 of 3 designs, they either had dendrobium orchids floating beneath a candle, flax leaves segmented and embellished with a floating candle, or miniature cymbidium orchids adorned with bullion wire. For heightened drama, we added copious amounts of votive candles... my take on candles... either forgo them, or use enough that it really has an impact. We opted for the latter.

A sampling of one of the designs on the head table

La Piece De Resistance - The Cake Table...
Whoa nelly... I have nothing more to say... I cannot take credit for the concept... just creating the product. Heidi found this in a magazine... 5 vases of varied heights supporting 5 cakes of varied diameter. Each vase housed LEDs, wire, crystals, and orchids, orchids, orchids... YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment