Trend Watch - BIRDS ...

Birds ---

Is it me or have we seen this trend for a number of seasons? 
From Modern birds, to Country Birds, Bird silhouettes, and bird appliqués…
The trend seems to reinvent itself and each time it does, I fall more in love with it.



Well, as I am combing through the catalogues and browsing etsy.com and the shops on bigcartel.com, it is very clear to me that this incarnation of the bird trend has gone rustic.  I for one love the simplicity and versatility of a rustic piece.  Rustic pieces, when paired with a refined or overly feminine piece, have a way of creating and artful juxtaposition that often reads eclectic chic.   


I stumbled across two great pieces on etsy.com and of course had to highlight one of our bird themed pieces at our boutique.


]Fine Art Photography
Tracey Capone, of TCaponePhoto.etsy.com captured a beautiful Robin gracefully perched in a rustic autumn setting.  I love the warmth this photo exudes even though it was taken as winter prepared to bare down on all the woodland’s beloved creatures.


Soft Furnishings
The Jolie Marche shop at etsy.com is known for their French Country Décor pieces and I must say, browse their site and you will see the rustic, yet refined, bird theme in all its glory.  It was difficult to pick a piece to highlight, but this “Love Nest French Script Linen Cotton Pillow Slip” stole my heart.  Click here to visit the Jolie Marche shop.

 
Garden Accessories
This imported gem has a putty finish and very rustic lines.  Its petite size makes it a great piece for any size garde. Click here to visit our online boutique.



No comments:

Post a Comment